Monday, June 29, 2015

7 Days to Die Alpha 12.0 Release Date


Like most of you, I follow the 7 Days to Die Blog, and I have some good news.  Alpha 12 update initial released date was June 29, 2015.  Some say that its buggy and only getting 10 fps so the date may get pushed back.  I heard some bloggers saying its definitely getting released before July 4th, so that's the deadline to have the product out and available to consumers.

I'm getting most my information from observing the video which I will post a link the bottom. I saw a lot of new video menu options, usability enhancements, minibike, weapon models, weather, new terrain enhancements, trees fall over and hurt objects in its path, new fireaxe, ragdoll physics, alternate ammo support like steel tip and flame arrows, steel pick ax, bears fighting zombies, rainfall, snowfall.

My opinion on the update from the video was skeptical.  From what I saw, I have good news and bad news for those who haven't seen it. I will cover the bad news first.  I think that the minibike was loud as heck, and it should attract a horde every time you ride it.  I never was a fan of the ragdoll physics in any game, so I'm not anticipating it's integration into the game.

The good news is there is a giant leap in progress in the performance capabilities from Alpha 11.0 to Alpha 12.0 of 7 Days to Die. The weather effect alone is ground breaking.  I saw rainfall and snowfall that accumulates.  I'm sure that will have an affect on gameplay later.

The new enemies and inventory were solid.  I feel like alternate ammo will help add a new challenge and dynamic to how you combat enemies.  I wonder if certain enemies will be more vulnerable to certain ammo types.  As in every game, fire can hurt pretty much anything, lol.  One notable update was the use of the Random Gen 3.0 to help biomes blend-in instead of getting separated by rivers.  For now on, biomes will be based on altitude, temperature, and humidity.

I look foward to what's to come.  I feel the game is approaching a finished in development stage. Here is the link to the video:
https://youtu.be/XFA6Uhg7MG4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destiny 2 season 18: Release date, Arc 3.0,

  The current Season of the Haunted will end on August 23. The usual weekly maintenance happens at 6pm BST (10am PDT, 1pm EDT, 7pm CEST), so...