Tuesday, June 9, 2015

I helped someone Handicap today


I did something I was very proud of today.  I have a co-worker that is handicap but he is an outstanding worker.  His communication skills are limited due to his disability.

The situation started where I heard a lot of commotion.  I went over to investigate in it was a manager yelling at my co-worker for doing a task wrong.  As a manager, I stepped in and I asked what was wrong.  The other manager quickly caused a scene and tried to fire the co-worker that was handicap for not doing the task the way she wanted...(really just trying to make an excuse to fire him, b/c she is bias towards diversity and doesn't like handicap people in her organizational culture).  I said let me fix the situation.

I pulled him to the side for a conversation. He was scared and clearly upset, but he explained to me the situation the best way he could.  I understood him completely without any trouble.  Basically, sadistic people in his department was using him to do work he wasn't suppose to do, and he was frustrated.  They were taking advantage of his kindness and unwillingness to say no.

I felt very enraged, but I had a very important conversation with his manager about what was going on there.  I definitely saw a need to implement change in the department and take a hands on approach on what is going on here.  I don't stand for discriminate nor does the company.

The age old saying goes, "people don't quit the company, they quit the bad manager".  I almost shed a tear when I saw him return to work happy and content.  If there was one good thing I did with my life, then I happy that I did this for someone who is a good person, solid performer, and needed help. Thank you God for letting me have this moment in life to be responsible and a true leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destiny 2 season 18: Release date, Arc 3.0,

  The current Season of the Haunted will end on August 23. The usual weekly maintenance happens at 6pm BST (10am PDT, 1pm EDT, 7pm CEST), so...