Monday, June 15, 2015

Star Wars BattleFront


The long awaited gameplay for Star Wars Battlefield was finally revealed at E3 2015, and I must admit I am very impressed by what I saw.



As the gameplay rolled on the screen, we saw a glimpse of a few familiar faces, gadgets, vehicles, and scenery to the Star Wars franchise.  We are thrown in the massive snowfield Battle of Hoth.


I cannot express the horrors and fear I felt as a child looking up at the giant ATAT's and hearing their loud stumps as the crushed everything in front them without contest.  This game gave me the same feeling as I saw the camera look up into the sky and give a sense of scale and depth between the player and the ATAT's.


I quickly rallied behind the efforts of the rebel forces as they used everything they had such as magnetic harpoons and cables to fight an impossible fight against invincible machinery and modern warfare.  My saving grace for the rebel fighters is when two brave pilots named Luke Skywalker and Wes Janson attached a cable to the ATAT and dragged it down to the ground stopping the armies advance, and saving the rebel base and Princess Leia nearby.


One interesting out the ordinary scene was Dark Vader crushing a soldier near you with his Telekinetic Darkside of the force powers.  I didn't understand the purpose of Dark Vader being here, but guess what...Luke Sky Walker is here as well without any clothes to combat the zero weather of the planet.




A few aspects I wanted to point out that I feel were important.  I didn't like was the number candy you have with you kill a soldier or achieve a task.  Seeing the +25 was annoying and distraction from the combat and scenery.  As far the music, Dice provided the classic score from John Williams which I felt a bit of nostalgia as it played in the background.



Some good takeaways I enjoyed were the first person and third person point of views you got from the cockpits of the various vehicles you can control as a member of the Rebel forces or Confederation. 


As far as the multiplayer mode which why the game was made, I can imagine with all going that communications will be key to victory.  I envision various clans taking controls of sky and ground vehicles, and leading the ground army into combat in a massive field.  A lot is going on here, but I believe their is a science to this organized chaos.


Simply put it's Stars Wars people!  The game will sell millions of units just on the brand recognition alone.  The expected released date for Star Wars BattleFront in 11/17/2015.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Destiny 2 season 18: Release date, Arc 3.0,

  The current Season of the Haunted will end on August 23. The usual weekly maintenance happens at 6pm BST (10am PDT, 1pm EDT, 7pm CEST), so...