Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Defiance on Syfy Rating

So what did I think of Syfy's new show Defiance?  It has potential.  The show drew in 2.7 million viewers which is a record for syfy.

I saw a few familiar faces in the cast like Julie Benz from Angel, Grant Bowler from Lost and Mia Kirshner from Vampire Diaries and the L word.

I must admit the story is interesting.  It seemed like a lot going on for a two hour premiere, but I think that's what needed in order to be successful now a days.  I watch a lot of syfy so to me personally...I get bored whenever one character's story takes too much of the storyline.

I saw some romeo and juliet mixed with interracial conflicts leading to potential drama for later episodes.  If you're a fan of Bio-shock or Fallout, then you appreciated the throw back song at the end of the show.  It gave that vibe of a world that's trapped by the results of war.  There's a lot going and I may watch to see how the story plays out.  

I must say with most shows stuck on re-runs...Defiance is in charged of it's own destiny.  It's not going to be a instant success, but i see it being a nice watch for fans of Battlestar Galatica or star trek.  Plus, there is a MMO video out that cost like $100 just to play, so it's doing all the right things to market itself towards success.  . Defiance had a strong start, and I must say it's doing the right things, right.  Right air timing, good writing, non-bias, good actors. We may have a potential hit, depending on where it goes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destiny 2 season 18: Release date, Arc 3.0,

  The current Season of the Haunted will end on August 23. The usual weekly maintenance happens at 6pm BST (10am PDT, 1pm EDT, 7pm CEST), so...