Sunday, February 4, 2018

Review for DragonBall FighterZ



I am always pumped to play a new Dragon Ball video game.  I must admit, I struggled to play the two Dragon Ball Xenoverse games b/c the controls were difficult and unresponsive.  This time around, DragonBall FighterZ has made game play simple and easy to manage.

DragonBall FighterZ plays much like Capcom vs Marvel.  Basically it is a 3 vs 3 tag team fight geared towards online play.  There is a story mode that will take 8 hours give or take to defeat that allows you to level up your character and gain perk bonuses.

The story line of DragonBall FighterZ centers around a female antagonist known as Android 21 that is leader of the Red Ribbon Army.  Android 21 has stolen all of the Z fighters powers, and she has created clones to take over the world.  The only down side to the story mode is that it seems to end around the time Goku and Vegeta started training with Beerus to go SSJ Blue.

Who knows where the story will evolve with DLC's that are already rumored to be released.  I know Goku Black and Hit are suppose to come to the game some how.  When I play the game, I feel like something is missing.  I feel like the game is not fully developed.

Overall, Dragon Ball FighterZ is a change of pace for the series and capitalizing on the online gaming trend.  It's a solid fighting game that will present a challenge to button mashers like myself.  I won't be bias and say I wanted more single player.  This game is really designed for online game play.  I say with more characters Dragon Ball FighterZ should achieve its goals.  Right now, the game isn't fully developed.  I have to give it 7 out 10.  When the DLC's are released, I will come back and update the score card for my rating.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Destiny 2 season 18: Release date, Arc 3.0,

  The current Season of the Haunted will end on August 23. The usual weekly maintenance happens at 6pm BST (10am PDT, 1pm EDT, 7pm CEST), so...