Friday, August 10, 2012

Difficulty in Games Changed 2012

Sorry readers, I haven't posted in a while.  ALOT of shit has went wrong in my life, so i'm finally getting a handle on it.  Well gaming is my grotto in which i can escape and get away from it all so here is a topic the gaming community has been buzzing about.  Have you ever played a game and like Modern Warfare 3 then went back to Modern Warfare 1 and felt the newest games were easier?

Organic difficulty is the factor I miss but capitalism always triumphs over loyalty. Developers are sleeping on the current/loyal fan base, and looking at a perspective that focuses on lowering the difficulty in games in order to bring in a new fan base.

I didnt notice it until I played demon souls after playing dark souls, and I was like damn im owning theses bosses like nothing. If you fought the Vanguard boss in the tutorial level of Demon Souls(1st game), then you'll notice he's similar to the Stray Demon in Dark Souls(2nd game).  That's b/c of the organic difficulty that is created as gamers get better with time.

It's sad that developers have foregoed on evolving the games in order to cater to the newbies that want to play, but they dont have the skill set to finish.  I can see from a monetary standpoint why the action is done, but in reality the purposer of some games are that they aren't meant for a particular gamer who likes a challenge. WTF?  More death of the gaming I loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destiny 2 season 18: Release date, Arc 3.0,

  The current Season of the Haunted will end on August 23. The usual weekly maintenance happens at 6pm BST (10am PDT, 1pm EDT, 7pm CEST), so...