Monday, January 18, 2016

Crashlands: Final Game for a developer


"This is the story of Crashlands, a massive 2D action-RPG crafting game I've been working on with my two brothers since I was diagnosed at the ripe age of 23 with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. 

Cancer is a great clarifier. It stripped out all the petty, superfluous aspects of life and demanded just three things when it struck me in 2013: survive, find meaning, and figure out how to look good bald."



Yes I do read y'all comments.  No I don't only review the main stream games, and I do play tons of Indie games. I found one game that I fell in love with by Butterscotch Shenanigans. Well you don't find a story about someone more dedicated to his craft than this one.  Really sad, but Seth made an amazing game with the last bit of life he had.  

Crashlands plays a lot like Don't Starve. It's an open map with single button combat.  Storyline is decent with a bit of wit and irony.  If you read the post by the developer you will learn all the backstory to why the story is what it is. 

There is a lot to do here in Crashlands from over 500 crafting schematics to collect, farming crops, breeding and growing pet/companions in addition to a long game and amazing storyline. It's an rpg, so be prepared to grind to gain items and level up.  

Crashlands is simple nothing complicated.  You get a funny story and great combat. It's sad this is the last game the developers will make bc the lead is dying, but it's a good way to go out like a champ. I give Crashlands a 10/10.  It's no pity, the game is just plain good!

Here is a link to the developers final story:
http://toucharcade.com/2015/03/27/crashlands-the-last-game-i-make-before-i-die/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destiny 2 season 18: Release date, Arc 3.0,

  The current Season of the Haunted will end on August 23. The usual weekly maintenance happens at 6pm BST (10am PDT, 1pm EDT, 7pm CEST), so...