Monday, June 16, 2014

RIP Dad


My father passed away three weeks before Father's Day.  Cards and flowers can't compensate for the grief I feel.  We are a small family from a small town, so we a more than just another number lost in the crowd of many.  I smile reflecting on the memories we have together like fishing, working on cars and BBQs, but I feel sad knowing my dad won't be there to see me get married, have kids or graduate grad school and land my first full time job.


I had an epiphany the other day recalling the miss opportunities and time I wasted on empty promises.  I realized "time is the one free gift God gives, so don't waste it."  


I want to be a leader like my Dad. My dad wasn't a war hero or celebrity, but half the town came to his funeral because he was a good man that helped those in need instead of abandoning them to their fate.  With an angel watching over me, I know I will make a positive impact on the world just like my dad.  

My Dad is Johnnie Ray Graves, and he did more for the world and family then you'll ever know. I love and miss you dad.  From your son Duke



No comments:

Post a Comment

Destiny 2 season 18: Release date, Arc 3.0,

  The current Season of the Haunted will end on August 23. The usual weekly maintenance happens at 6pm BST (10am PDT, 1pm EDT, 7pm CEST), so...